An annual boiler safety check and boiler service, carried out by RMI Services engineers ensures that your boiler is functioning efficiently and safely.
Badly maintained gas boilers can result in Carbon Monoxide leakage and poisoning
Regular servicing of your boiler is important as it ensures that the boiler is working to the specifications designed by the boiler manufacturer. This will help prolong the life of the boiler as well as reduce the risk of faults and expensive repairs down the line.
A detailed service will include inspection of the gas pipe work, ventilation, clearances etc. The system is then inspected, cleaned and reassembled. The operation of the boiler functions are then inspected for safe and correct operation. Finally a combustion efficiency test will be carried out to ensure that the appliance is operating at its maximum performance levels.
All boilers should be serviced in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions. Typically when performing an annual boiler service, the service engineer should carry out the following checklist:
These are the checks and work we carry out
Gas boiler service checklist
- Ask customer if there are any problems with the system. If not ask them to turn on boiler.
- Check correct boiler operation including customer controls and safety devices.
- Check boiler location suitability.
- Check boiler for visual damage.
- Check flue soundness, routing and terminal location.
- Check flue guard if fitted and check for flue spillage where appropriate.
- Check condensate drainage system.
- Check boiler main burner, remove and clean as necessary.
- Check boiler burner and probes/cables and clean.
- Check heat exchanger and clean as necessary.
- Check /adjust and record main burner pressure.
- Check condition of seals
- Check effectiveness of flue with boiler operating.
- Check 3a fuse fitted and double pole switch..
- Check electrical connection correct and good condition.
- Check operation of flame sensing control.
- Check operation of boiler thermostat and high limt it stat.
- Check operation of low water pressure control.
- Carry out flue gas analysis.
- Check for correct ventilation as appropriate.
- Check for gas soundness.
RMI Services cover the following areas -
Newbridge | Naas | Maynooth | Sallins | Clane | Rathcoole | Tallaght | Clondalkin | Dublin City Centre | Blackrock | Booterstown | Dun Laoighaire | Shankhill | Killiney | Bray | Ballinteer | Rathfarnham |